The full filename can't be seen in Document Upload Detail Panel

Iron Contributor

Dear All,

Anyone of you noticed that the message is not displaying the full name of document especially we need to identify which file is not being uploaded due to failure?

Does any way to resolve this or anyone posted the idea to enhance the UI\UX of this message detail panel?image.png

Does the message will be stored in any form of file (eg. text file) in SharePoint Online? It will be good to trace it and we don't require to snapshot or write down what are the failures for those files during uploading progress.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Rgrds,

VTEC

5 Replies

Hello @Wee Teck Tan,

I don't believe uploads are logged anywhere "out of the box".

If you are performing the uploads from on-premise, you should consider using the SharePoint Migration Tool. It will log failed uploads.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Wee Teck Tan 

You can upload the document using SharePoint client side object model and track all failure doc which will get failure while uploading and try it again.

Does it that I need to create a custom app for tracking the uploading failure status?
Please advice.
Thanks.
Yes but it is time taking to build the apps. It would be better migrate it through Migration tool so that tool maintaining the logs file so you can track your failure records.