SP Online List Read Only

Iron Contributor

I have a list in SP Online, one of the columns Total is populated using power automate. I would like to make this column read only, as there's no need for anyone to manually edit it.

How can I achieve this?

2 Replies
Columns cannot be marked as read-only.
As a one workaround option, you could create a hidden column for actual data update by Power Automate and hide it from the list view, and create Total as a calculated column and refer to the hidden column.

Another option is to create the list form with Power Apps and set the column textbox as read-only.

@jonboylib You can hide the column from list forms using below steps:

1. Go to list & click on "New" to open the list form
  2. Click on "Edit form icon" & then select "Edit columns" ganeshsanap_0-1659535054053.png
  3. Uncheck the column you want to hide from list form & click Save ganeshsanap_1-1659535149482.png

Note: Users may able to edit the column value using Grid view. So, disable it from advanced settings if it is not required.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.