SOLVED

SharePoint List View not updating

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a SharePoint List which contains links to files on my communication site.

I created views of the list based on the response in the Process choice column and have put these views in quick links on the communication site.  eg: Process = customer complaints displays the links to the customer complaint related documents.   This was working well and everyone could access the process documents that they needed.

Since mid-late October we noticed that the view wasn't updating when new items or links were added to the sharepoint list - only the owners of the MS Team can see the updated links or additional files in the views.

Please, can anyone help me with this?

With thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by LizzyT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LizzyT Is anything changes in list/library settings? 

If "Require content approval" setting is enabled for the list/library recently, you have to publish the documents after creating/uploading new documents in library (items in list). Or you can disable this setting from List/Library settings > Versioning settings: 

ganeshsanap_0-1670605067306.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Yes, my setting required content approval. I changed it to No.

You are the best! Thank you this worked.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LizzyT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LizzyT Is anything changes in list/library settings? 

If "Require content approval" setting is enabled for the list/library recently, you have to publish the documents after creating/uploading new documents in library (items in list). Or you can disable this setting from List/Library settings > Versioning settings: 

ganeshsanap_0-1670605067306.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post