Sharepoint List: Two types of indicators in a single Column. Traffic Light and Check Mark.

Copper Contributor

Question:
Is there a way to add in a check mark for completed tasks in the same status column that already utilizes the traffic light indicator?

Details:
Hi Everyone.  I have a list that has a status column for each task.  This status column is a simple 3 color traffic light indicator.  However, to keep us focused on what is near term, the traffic light only turns on 2 weeks before the start date and turns off after completion.  This works great except for the fact that unstarted tasks and completed tasks both show blank so we can't differentiate between the two.  I suppose I could use another color for completion or unstarted tasks but I'd rather stick to traditional 3 color traffic light.  Is there a way to add a check mark indicator for completed tasks in this same status column as the traffic light? The calculated column in this case would return a value of either "", "Green", "Yellow", "Red", "Completed" with "" being the blank indicator, "Completed" being the check mark, and the colors being the traffic light.  Can someone suggest the JSON for this?  Thanks in advance.

Current JSON:
{
"$schema": "http://columnformatting.sharepointpnp.com/columnFormattingSchema.json",
"debugMode": true,
"elmType": "div",
"children": [
{
"elmType": "span",
"style": {
"width": "22px",
"height": "22px",
"border-radius": "22px",
"background-color": {
"operator": "?",
"operands": [
{
"operator": "==",
{
"operator": "toString()",
"@currentField"
]
},
"Green"
]
},
"#2dc937",
{
"operands":[
{
{
"@currentField"
]
},
"Yellow"
]
},
"#e7b416",
{
"operands":[
{
{
"@currentField"
]
},
"Red"
]
},
"#cc3232",
""
]
}
]
}
]
}
}
}
]
}

1 Reply
I know this is not what you are looking for, but can you simply hide completed tasks from the view to avoid seeing them along with other unstarted ones?