SOLVED

Sharepoint List calendar view in webpart not displaying in calendar format

Brass Contributor

Hi, I have a list of training events.  I have created a calendar view which is fine.  But I want to add this view to a webpart on a page and if i add the List webpart and select the calendar view I have created, it just displays it as a list - not as a calendar.  Any ideas? Photos attached of the list view and then what that same view looks like when displayed via a web part

As an aside, I've tried creating this as a dedicated event list type instead but the OOTB event webpart has default form values which don't reflect the columns I want in my event content type and it doesn't seem editable!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by SarahTurner (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Sarah,

unfortunately there isn't a modern calendar view web-part, so if you are using a Modern page you cannot display in the calendar layout. The choices are either to use the events web-part or use the group calendar. See the note on this uservoice
https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/19329577-modern-c...

Hello@SarahTurner 

I wonder how did you created it?

@Vishnu_Priya @SarahTurner,

It is now possible to create modern calendar views in lists & show it on modern pages. You can create modern calendar view & add it to modern page using List (preferred) or Embed web part as shown in below articles: 

1. Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists
  2. Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page using List web part
  3. Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

This is AWESOME!!! Thanks ganeshnanap. NOW!!!! in the real world, many if not most, ok all, need to see our events in Outlook as well. Of course, throwing it into 'Classic View' reveals the 'Connect to Outlook' is disabled. Yet another Microsoft Gotcha.
Why does Microsoft continually claim integration yet still silo our content???????????? Or do I need to become a software engineer in order to conjure up some script to connect it the long and hard way?
Any insights into this?
Thanks and Happy Holidays
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SarahTurner (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Sarah,

unfortunately there isn't a modern calendar view web-part, so if you are using a Modern page you cannot display in the calendar layout. The choices are either to use the events web-part or use the group calendar. See the note on this uservoice
https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/19329577-modern-c...

View solution in original post