Sharepoint Library templates

Copper Contributor

I have a Created a number of columns for a library I have that are to be populated with metadata pertaining the files within. 

I wish to use this setup for multiple libraries across various sites on sharepoint. They are all modern 0365 sites.

I'm told that Modern sites can't create or use library templates. (It took 3 months and many hours of problem tracing before microsoft said actually this feature isn't available and it's not a problem with your site)

So what's the correct way to do what I'm attempting? I just want to create libraries with the same metadata fields and view settings. Manually doing this for every library seems to defeat the purpose of digitization. So I'm sure there must be something I'm missing in my approach to the problem. 

Any clues?

3 Replies
This is something you can achieve in two ways:
(1) Site Scripts & Site Designs
(2) PnP Templates

You will need to have PowerShell/Coding skills to work with both

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thanks Juan,

PnP templates look like the solution for me. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. 

Can you explain more about this. I really need this to change so I can have a few templates for document libraries in a site. I as a person working on metadata management for a major org.. flabbergasted that this feature was removed!!! Lack of standardization is the reason we can't roll up anything and the public is frustrated. We have thousand of documents of a particular type that must be split into many libraries. I understand content types attempt to handle some of this, but this requires sign off from the global admin (no go) and we have multiple orgs in one tenant.

If any one has a way I can cut and paste even. i need a solution the the front end that DOESN"T require sharepoint admin rights beyond collection admin