Sharepoint best practice Wiki Location and History

Copper Contributor

hello,
being new to Sharepoint I am looking for advice on...
1. Where to best create a wiki: as Sharepoint pages or via the wiki app (e.g. integrated in Teams)

2. ...especially with regards to a version history for wiki content (*not* the file/document version history) as found in other wiki software? (only found this discussion which was not quite what I was looking for.)

Thanks for any hints

4 Replies
Well, bearing in mind that neither SharePoint or Teams are intended to provide a full Wiki solution I would go for creating that Wiki using modern SPO pages because of the possibilities they provide compare with the Wiki in Teams. Both options will provide the versioning capabilities you are looking for
Thanks a lot for the quick response!

So, to sum it up:
reg. 1) use Sharepoint, as it has more features. But it is not meant to be used as a real company wiki.
reg. 2) there is no version history for the wiki pages.
No problem :-),
My two cents here:
1) It makes sense :)
2) Indeed there is, Wiki content is stored in SPO that has versioning on by default

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thanks again!

Reg. 2) You'r right, there is a version history, which should do the job (even though it doesn't compare the versions, but that's not a base requirement, I guess)

The whole system is just a lot different from the ones I know at least a litle bit (DokuWiki, Confluence, Mediawiki).