SOLVED

Send an automatic email (SharePoint Communication Site)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is there any possibility to send an automatic email to the member of a sharepoint (communication site) when a page is modified ?

I searched with PowerAutomate/ Flow, I tried to use one with a list but I am not very sure it's the best way to do it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot for the help,

9 Replies

@juliendadoun 

Why not use the "Alert me" feature and specify the team member that will need to receive the email with "Existing items are modified" as change type?

clipboard_image_0.png

best response confirmed by juliendadoun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@juliendadoun this is very possible  and a simple example of this is in the image below. This adds the recipients in manually when you build the flow but you could have a separate list to hold recipients of the email if you wanted to.

pageModified.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Agree with Fred, alerting works fine and it's built right into SharePoint for awhile now. On the Pages library, under the ... menu should be 'Alert Me'

@Chris Webb maybe but doesn't that mean that every recipient needs to setup their own alert? Using Power Automate it can be centralised and the recipient doesn't need to be involved other than to read the email.

Rob
Los Gallardos

true, but then users have to bug to modify the flow to add / remove people form that e-mail. But then again you can create a list, that you pull your recipients from. It really depends on the audience. If this is just a couple people just tell them sign up for alerts. If it's a lot and it changes by processing you could do a flow, but either way will work! Obviously with flows you get much more customization options etc :).

Thanks a lot for all the answers, I tried the function "alert me" and it works fine (it was some kind of hidden, i didn't see it tbh).

I will try to set up a Flow also (special thanks to rob, your screenshots will be very helpful).

I just need to make that report "looks" a bit more attractive, is there anyway to setup a sharepoint news feed  as a RSS Flux ?

Or to modify the email template that is sent automatically with the "alert me" function ?

Have a nice day

@juliendadoun in my screenshot, in the Send an email action, if you click the </> at the top of body you can add in html tags to produce a nice-looking email with images, tables etc:

3-SendEmail.png

4-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

Yes ty to be more specific, I wanted to modify the alert me email (Perhaps with SHAREPOINT DESIGNER?).
I will try the flow Asap
You cannot modify the alert me email template, it's the same for all list/library notifications. The only thing you can modify is if you see each item, or summary based on frequency option selected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by juliendadoun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@juliendadoun this is very possible  and a simple example of this is in the image below. This adds the recipients in manually when you build the flow but you could have a separate list to hold recipients of the email if you wanted to.

pageModified.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post