Return query in search results V4

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to SharePoint and I have a question. I have V4 search bar connected to a V4 search results, when i search for the name of a file/folder in the search bar, for example the folder "cat", if I only type "ca" in the bar, then the "cat" folder does not appear in the search results. How could I make it so that, like if I type "c"  in the search bar, all folder/files containing or staring with "c" appear in the search results ?

Thanks.

4 Replies

@Antoine71 Try using wild character like: 

ca*

Check: 

1. Keyword Query Language (KQL) syntax reference 
  2. Building search queries in SharePoint 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

It works! I added in the query model : {inputQueryText}* and it find everything . Thanks you ! I have another question. If my file is named for example : "parameters motor variations", when i type " para varia" in the search bar, it doesnt find anything. Is there a way to get results based on "keyword" ?

@Antoine71 

I don't think you will be able to search with "incomplete" works to match with file names. 

@David Mehr can confirm it.

Also, check: Search box Web Part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hello @ganeshsanap

i confirm it, it's not possible with incomplete terms.

@Antoine71 here are more about wildcard search https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/keyword-query-language-kql-synt...

Best, Dave