SOLVED

Master Site to manage multiple communication sites.

Brass Contributor

I'm looking for a way to easily create and manage multiple communication sites (for 18 different country teams) under our home (hub) site. Each of these communication sites need to have an

• identical home page,
  • several identical lists with multiple views (although list content is different) and
  • identical navigation.
  • unique news items

I know that creating a template site is possible, but I also want to ensure future manageability. E.g. when adding a list or changing a list view or adding a web part on the home page, I want this to propagate to all the sites build from the template.

This way each different country can manage their list items, allowing to use the list web part on each site home page and using default permissions. I'm creating a flow to rollup the list items to a list on the home site. 

I'm curious to hear advise as how to best approach this.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JohnMoore33 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JohnMoore33 My advice is to take a look at SharePoint site template and site script overview | Microsoft Docs Perhaps this can give you some ideas on how to solve it.

@MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile thanks so much. This looks indeed what I'm looking for! giving it a try now.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JohnMoore33 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JohnMoore33 My advice is to take a look at SharePoint site template and site script overview | Microsoft Docs Perhaps this can give you some ideas on how to solve it.

View solution in original post