Lists column hides bug

Copper Contributor

I teach O365 in my organization and until now 2 people (of more than 100) have had the same bug inside Lists. When we're creating a demo list in My Lists these 2 colleagues have the bug where one or more added columns hide automatically. When we want to show the column, we see it for a second and then immediately it's hidden again. Refreshing doesn't work, even changing the view inside the list setting. Strange but annoying bug :\

Any ideas?

11 Replies

@TimVervaet Hi, I had the same issue and it’s really sad that no one from Microsoft has fixed nor replied to you! 

I got out of my way to register this account. Way to complicated if you just wanna answer someone’s question, if you ask me :) 

Anyways, yes it seems to be a simple bug! 

When you scroll down on the bottom left you can actually still access the „classic sharepoint“ view. I guess it’s coded different but there you can also add column. I found my bugged one there, unhide it and re-enter the normal SharePoint view. My column was then visible, allowing me to either use it or delete it and creating a new one. 

Worked for me and I hope the tipp to use the classic sharepoint works for you and others as well. 

Cheers 

@IMikeru / @TimVervaet You can also show hidden columns in list view by following below steps:

1. Go to your list.
  2. Click on any column name/header, select "Column settings" and then select "Show/hide columns". ganeshsanap_0-1659963087613.png
  3. Select the columns you want to show in list view & click "Apply". ganeshsanap_1-1659963165227.png

If the column is not showing sometimes in list view, it maybe browser caching issue & it is loading older page from cache. In this case try clearing browser cache.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi! Thanks for the tip!! I'll try this next time it happens. Glad someone replied :)

Hi @ganeshsanap. Your tip was my first attempt to fix it, but when I try to unhide the column, it disappears immediately again (like stated in the original question).

@TimVervaet There is another way to include the columns in list view. Here are the steps:

1. Go to your SharePoint list
  2. Click on "Switch view options" drop down & select "Edit current view". ganeshsanap_0-1659963848014.png
  3. Select the columns you want to show & click "OK". ganeshsanap_1-1659963936577.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I think I might have used this option too, but I'm not sure. I'll definitely try it next time it occurs. Thanks!

@IMikeru 

Thanks a Ton! This worked for me! I was about to Scrap the Entire List and Rebuild. 

Did you find a solution for this, Tim? I have the same problem, very annoying.

@ganeshsanap Hello, I have tried both ways to edit a list and bug persists :(

Any other solutions?? I have tried all the usual (signing out/in; refreshing; rebooting).

Please help save my SP site project! Thank you :)

@LisaAtYardi 

In my case I created a column which was created and removed earlier with the exact same name. The newly created column would disappear every time. When I created a column with a slightly different name, all went fine.

I have the opposite problem ... I cannot hide the column I've selected to Group By ... I know I used to be able to do this, but it's not working now ... Any Ideas?

Alan2000_0-1707403580786.png