SOLVED

How to Stop SharePoint Lists from opening in Microsoft Lists?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Suddenly my SharePoint lists are opening in Microsoft Lists! Please, does someone know how to stop this? It is confusing everyone! Is it a bug? I found a post that says this is the "new default" behavior for opening SharePoint lists! This simply can't be. Maybe it's a virus? Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help!

Thanks. . 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Kathryn Birstein (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kathryn Birstein,

By default, SharePoint lists will open in the Microsoft Lists app. According to the SharePoint admin message centre, Site owners can navigate to the Navigation Elements settings page and configure a new setting called “Lists in Sites”, which will enable lists to always open in their associated SharePoint site.

you can try to change this by using classic SharePoint setting, by navigating https://{tenantname}.sharepoint.com/sites/{sitename}/_layouts/15/navoptions.aspx

or going to the SharePoint Site classic settings and changing Navigation elements. Site owners can navigate to the Navigation Elements settings page and configure a new setting called “Lists in Sites”, which will enable lists to always open in their associated SharePoint site.

LeonPavesic_0-1695108044592.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

OK, found the "Navigation Elements" setting. Any idea what the logic is for lists suddenly opening in Microsoft lists? This is causing CHAOS among my clients and there seems to be absolutely no reason for this change!

Hi @Kathryn Birstein,

i can't givee you the answer why, but you can check the roadmap with more explanation about this change:

August 2023 - Microsoft 365 US Public Sector Roadmap Newsletter - Microsoft Community Hub

LeonPavesic_0-1695199129292.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

@LeonPavesic I just Googled for how to stop this. This is highly disruptive, confusing, and leaves us in IT scrambling to explain to our customers why the sudden change. Lists is great in itself, but forcing it onto users is unwanted, particularly with discarding the UI of the site you're on. :anger_symbol:

Hi @cujones4,

I completely understand the concerns regarding the recent change in how SharePoint lists open in Microsoft Lists. This change has come as a surprise and has caused some disruption.

your feedback is valuable, and we Microsoft will continue to monitor user sentiments and provide any necessary clarifications or improvements.

In the meantime, if you prefer lists to open in their associated SharePoint site, you can adjust the setting in the "Navigation Elements" to achieve this.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@LeonPavesic Hi. I hace the same issue since yesterday, and so far it only happens to me, not anyone else. I have tried your solution but it didn't work out :( Any other tip? Thanks in advance.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kathryn Birstein (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kathryn Birstein,

By default, SharePoint lists will open in the Microsoft Lists app. According to the SharePoint admin message centre, Site owners can navigate to the Navigation Elements settings page and configure a new setting called “Lists in Sites”, which will enable lists to always open in their associated SharePoint site.

you can try to change this by using classic SharePoint setting, by navigating https://{tenantname}.sharepoint.com/sites/{sitename}/_layouts/15/navoptions.aspx

or going to the SharePoint Site classic settings and changing Navigation elements. Site owners can navigate to the Navigation Elements settings page and configure a new setting called “Lists in Sites”, which will enable lists to always open in their associated SharePoint site.

LeonPavesic_0-1695108044592.png

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

View solution in original post