SOLVED

How to move one line down in MS Lists

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to get accustomed to MS Lists. However, I cannot move one cell down or enter a new line using "Enter". Instead, when I press "Enter", the cell I am currently in gets "entered" so I can edit it. How do I move one line down (e.g. in order to enter data) without using my mouse? Using the arrows on the keyboard or pressing (Ctrl or Alt or Shift) + Enter doesn't work either. I tried different browsers incl. Edge (and deleting browser data), and different keyboard layouts. 

It works perfectly fine when I switch to Classic Sharepoint.

Thanks, Azad

3 Replies

@Azad_ If you have selected a cell (single click - not in edit mode), you can mode move one line down/up using arrow keys on keyboard:

ganeshsanap_0-1662967906502.png

If you are in edit mode of a cell (double click), you can first come out of edit mode using "Enter" key. Then, you can mode move one line down/up using arrow keys on keyboard. 

ganeshsanap_1-1662967999196.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

best response confirmed by Azad_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Azad_ 

While in Edit mode, 

• Enter key in the multiple lines field will take you to next line.
  • Enter key in the single line of text will take you in and out of the edit experience.
  • Arrow keys will help you to move in vertical or horizontal directions.
I don't know what happened there, but everything is working smoothly today. I can use the "Enter" key again as I am used to from Excel. Thanks for your replies!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Azad_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Azad_ 

While in Edit mode, 

• Enter key in the multiple lines field will take you to next line.
  • Enter key in the single line of text will take you in and out of the edit experience.
  • Arrow keys will help you to move in vertical or horizontal directions.

View solution in original post