Giving permission to access the SharePoint list!

Copper Contributor

Hello there,
I have an application made by power apps and it depends on SP lists to get data.

the users of the application don't have permission to get into the SP so they can't see the data in the app.

How can I let them use the app without giving them access to SP which has private data?

Best

4 Replies

@ManarYazji 

The best practice is to use actual user permission. If the app is intended to show only the data without any operations on the data, then it's better to provide the read access to the users so that you don't have to worry about the permission. Another option is to use the service account which you can use while making the connection while creating the power app.

@Sudharsan K 

The application is filtering the data according to the user which is not allowing the user to see any data that not belong to him. So, if I give him permission to read-only, there is a chance to get to the SP list and see the data which is private. 

@ManarYazji 

Possible solution you can try:

Use item level permissions on SharePoint list items. This way users will be able to see only those item on which they have access.

You can set item level permissions from SharePoint lists for each list item. If you want to automate permission management on item creation/updating then you can do that using Power Automate.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.