Error: Failed to load current time zone

Copper Contributor

Dear community,

MSFT SharePoint Online - I am all the sudden getting "Error: Failed to load current time zone" on multiple, different sites when creating a new list item. It is tied to a calculation I do "now()+70" which calculates 70d for a calendar field.

Never had an issue... not seeing this anywhere online.

Thanks, Jason

15 Replies

@Dr_Jason_Seibel 

Seeing the same issue here (USA East).

Also: Error: There was a problem validating data. when using People Picker fields (even for users already picked in other records within the same column on the same list). 

Some users are getting this error as well when entering new data into a list/form

Kurt_I_0-1646402610897.png

@Kurt_I 

Correct - how do I fix it?

Hi,

Sorry, I was trying to add on to your message that some people in my Org were having the same problem.  There is a couple of solutions I read

1.  Make sure you have downloaded the latest  updates

2.  Change the Regional Settings

• Open Site Settings
  • Under SIte Administration select Regional Settings
  • Change Time Zone your time Zone

The last solution did seem to work so far.

Dr_Jason_Seibel

Regional setting is correct. It says "failed" so I'm assuming it can't talk to some service when I ask for now() in the list to populate a date.

This is not happening on all computers. I am asking to test in different browsers and to make sure they're up to date.

@Kev Maitland 

I have both of those errors here in Australia. The people picker problem came first a week ago. The Error: Failed to load current time zone one from Monday

@Dr_Jason_Seibel 

Are you still able to reproduce the issue? I created a new list, added a date & time column and set a calculated value of: =NOW()+70. I have been able to add list items successfully.

I end user reported the issue has gone away. I'm not sure if this was on the MSFT side, but definitely an issue.
Same issue here, only seen this week.

@Dr_Jason_Seibel My organization started experiencing the same thing this week within the Teams desktop app. Microsoft Support instructed me to set the time zone in SharePoint site settings like you described. Now if you're the owner of the Team it's not giving the error, but if you're just a member the error still occurs. Everything works fine in the web browser though. 

Thank you - i didn't see it in teams. Time zone did NOT fix the problem. It was already set correctly but it has seemed to disappear.

@JessTillman - are you still seeing the message?
My time zone was set incorrectly so after correcting that I am no longer seeing the message if I'm the owner of the team. If I'm just a member of that team I'm still seeing the message though.

The way it's being produced for me is within a Team and then a channel I have a tab for "to do's" that utilizes the Lists app within Teams. The list item includes a due date so when trying to add a new item I'm getting the error message, but only as a member of a team and not when I'm the owner.
Have there been any further updates? We are still experiencing issues. Another one is the 'friendly' date isn't showing correctly - 2 days time shows as 'tomorrow' and most of today shows as 'tomorrow' so when I use the [Today] option in filtering it doesn't produce the correct results. And yes, I have checked the Regional Settings for all the sites and my computers - they're correct. Does anyone know if there is a Regional Settings option somewhere in the O365 Admin area?
I don't know if this helps, but our dev did this in his notes:

I have reset site collection time zone + reset Expires (news field) column default value
Our problem simply went away. I normally set the time zone so this didn't change anything across my portfolio of clients.