Edit PDF in sharepoint online

Deleted
Not applicable

Dear community, 

I am trying to edit pdfs stored in a document library on sharepoint with no success. 

Is this possible at all to do? 

Regards! 

66 Replies

Unfortunately with my findings in this last week found the following in relation to Adobe Document Cloud integration:

Sharepoint Online in the web browser and Adobe Document Cloud license:
1. Only editing capabilities known is very basic with ability to only add add text boxes, draw and commenting (along with collating pages and PDF export).
2. The standard tools you would find in the Adobe Acrobat desktop suite like measure, etc., are not available in the web browser.

Sharepoint Online use from the Adobe Acrobat desktop suite:

1. Sharepoint sites can be added as known storage within the desktop software. 

2. All Adobe PDF editing features are present and able to be used.

3. Downside is that every time a new Sharepoint site is worked on, need to add it to the desktop suite.

Interested to know if any of you out there is using another PDF editing suite tied in with Sharepoint Online in the browser with all aspects of the integration present?

I'm in the middle of the same thing atm. Did you already investigate Wondershare PDFelement at all?

I have integrated some of our users with the Adobe cloud OneDrive tools and I think they meet most users needs however I must say MS Graph api is very inconsistent in handling PDFs and so if you are intending to ever do any custom integrations with OneDrice or Sharepoint with heavy pdf usage I probably would use Box which is highly integrated with MS file types and Pdfs

any updates on this adobe Microsoft improvement?

For those hoping to see Acrobat at least be able to browse SharePoint so that you can open from/save to, there's a fundamental problem with that: Acrobat still doesn't support modern authentication, believe it or not:
https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926557-adobe-acrobat-for-sharepoint-onedrive/suggestions/452495...

So, if you "Apps that don't use modern authentication" blocked in your SPO Admin settings, as you should (but many probably still don't), when you go to add a SharePoint site to Acrobat it'll just sit there and not do it, leaving you confused. It's a sad state of affairs.

Muhimbi has PDF Editor for Sharepoint available for SharePoint OnPremise, customer hosted SharePoint Online, and Muhimbi hosted SharePoint Online.

You can open, edit, etc. PDFs within SharePoint and the document and changes can be saved directly back into SharePoint.

i have found that PDF's are fillable in SharePoint while working on Microsoft edge. it does not function as it should in Google Chrome.