Dashboard with Excel file displayed on Sharepoint online page without interaction

Copper Contributor
Hello everybody,
maybe it's a silly question but I'm unable to find a solution to my problem. Issue:
  • create a site on sharepoint online which displays Excel file and refresh on schedule - without any interaction
  • The file is supposed to be viewed on a TV in a browser and the file is going to be updated regularly
  • I've created a page and displayed Excel file - but after site refresh I need to hoover mouse over it, otherwise its blank
  • embeded code to area inside the excel file requires same interaction

I know that in the past (in old site editing interface) it was possible to add a script to a page, however I managed to find this: Microsoft statement 

So the old way is no longer possible. Can anyone think of a solution?

2 Replies
Hi,
Were you able to find a solution?

We are having to replace some old SharePoint 2013 dashboard libraries since they will not migrate to SharePoint online. Our issue sounds like what you were trying to accomplish so I'm wondering what happened. Thanks.

@Eugene_Unger 

Hi, unfortunately not, for what I remember, solution for this problem dosen't exist. I have made it in Google documents and it works just fine. It was just one sheet. Sad thing is that feature I wanted to use was just removed...