Creating a "Access Request" page

Brass Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have created a library of confidential folders and limited access to our business partners. Every folder belongs to a different engineering unit and eventually, our colleagues from the engineering team would need access to relevant folders of their expertise to work on them. But as I took away their access rights, they see an empty folder whenever they open these folders. How can I create a "You need access to reach this folder" page for them, so that they can demand request per relevant folder but won't see the empty folder. 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Best Regards,

Yigit Yürüker

2 Replies

@Yigit_Yuruker I don't think this is something that can be handled out of the box. Here's a user voice that is suggesting to hide the webpart when that behavior occurs - https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/32546620-don-t-sh... 

I think the only way to potentially handle it would be to write a SharePoint Workbench app to detect the scenario within the page context (no documents showing), test for permissions, and then display a link to a form to request access for that context.

Dear @Timothy Balk ,

Thank you for the hint! It is very disappointing to see this problem has been still an issue even though first suggestion came on Dec. 2017.

I hope SharePoint team would find a solution soon.