Content Approval - SP Pages saving with Random name and not triggering approvals workflow

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are keen to use the News feature of our communication site, and take advantage of the content Approval function with an added Approvals flow via Power Automate.

However, we are experiencing a consistent problem whereby some pages get saved with a random file name (instead of the Page Title) .. ie: an001s8o.aspx

These pages don;t trigger the flow at all, so just sit in the site pages library as pending, but no-one knows about them because they haven't triggered the workflow.

I did think at first that we were pressing the 'Submit for Approval' too quick and that the page hadn't saved properly (ie we hit submit when it was still in draft mode), but we have many that has definitely said 'saved' and yet still this has happened.

Has anyone else experience this, or is it a bug?

It makes the whole process un-usable as we can't risk missing submitted news articles!

2 Replies

@Julie_Bird, I understand that you created a page approval flow in sharepoint communication site. Please check if this article help you: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/approval-flow-for-modern-pages-a8b2e689-d4a1-4639-8028-33...
And
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/configure-page-approval-using-power-automate-14ce6976-a0a...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The content approval and PA approval flow works perfectly (we already know how to do this), the issue is that sometimes the page doesn't get saved with the correct page title, and instead saves as a random name... this has the effect that the page doesn't get to trigger the workflow, it just sits in the site pages with an incorrect filename....

For example we add a new page and give it a title of 'newpage' and click submit for approval, but the page gets saved as an001s8o.aspx instead of newpage.aspx and the flow doesn't run.

85% of the time, the pages get saved correctly and the flow runs just fine, but I can not understand why some pages aren't being saved with the correct title and therefore seem to be getting 'stuck'