Choice in read only mode

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I need to create a Choice selection in a standard form of a SharePoint list, which, depending on the selection in another Choice selection, will have the option to edit or read-only.

This is a scenario:
Choice A:
option 1
option 2

Choise B (multi-select):
option 11
option 22

If A option 1 is selected, then Choice B is in edit mode (you can select options)

if A option 2 is selected, we will display Choice B in Read-only mode

is it possible?
I can't use Power-Apps

3 Replies

@Arturro1565 I suggest you use JSON formatting to make the Choice B column visible or hidden in the form rather than making it read only. In the list click the + New button. When the form opens click the pen & paper icon in the top right and select Edit columns. Click the 3 dots next to your ChoiceB column and select Edit conditional formula. A window will open  and you enter your conditional formula as =if([$ChoiceA]== '1', 'true', 'false') then click the save button then the save in the Edit columns panel.

Then whenever you select option 1 the ChoiceB column will be displayed, otherwise it will be hidden. And it will automatically be displayed or hidden if you change the ChoiceA option.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

thank you for the advice, but our client knows what he wants :)
options must be visible
we know how to hide conditionally, but this time this solution is out of the question

As you can't use Power Apps then I don't think what your client wants is possible.