Can I approve multiple SharePoint requests at once?

Deleted
Not applicable

We have a request process created in SharePoint using a fairly complex approval process created in SharePoint Designer. There's a workflow with multiple approvers... the final approver might have a few to many requests to approve, and they want to know if there's a way to select multiple requests and approve them all at once. I've been unable to find a way to do that... I've tried going to the list and selecting multiple requests, but approve/reject is grayed out in the ribbon, even if I only select 1. I've also tried going to the tasks list, but I don't think that's the right place to approve requests. I don't know if I've explained the situation well.

2 Replies
Depends how the workflow is designed, but if it's using approval process steps then a task is created to each assigned step, so without actually firing off the event that completes these tasks you can't approve more than one at a time OOTB. Some form of script that iterates through the tasks and completes them, or 3rd party programming would have to be done.
As Christopher says, you will need to take advantage of the workflow client side object model that allows you to run a workflow from client side code...so basically what you can do is just add some code on a content editor webpart (only for classic view in document libraries) that you place in the desired list view that calls the workflow API to run the workflow on several instance at the same time. If you require to do the same on a modern list, you will need to explore SPFx extensions to try to do the same