SOLVED

Adding to a group

Brass Contributor

Is there a way to add users to a group without inviting them?

I need to add a huge section of the business to a group, and it's impractical to invite them rather than just adding them to the group

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Lee-Martin (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Lee-Martin Are you trying to avoid sending email notification to users when added to group?

If yes, while adding users to SharePoint group, click on SHOW OPTIONS link from "Share" popup.

Then uncheck "Send an email notification" option and click "Share" button. This will not send any email notification to users. 

ganeshsanap_0-1660036526010.png

For more information, follow the documentation: SharePoint site permissions 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap

I've tried to add 240 people to a group.

The tick box is auto ticked and greyed out so I can't untick it.

I'm doing this on dev and test platforms. In no way do I need or want to send an email.

Why is this greyed out?

Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lee-Martin (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Lee-Martin Are you trying to avoid sending email notification to users when added to group?

If yes, while adding users to SharePoint group, click on SHOW OPTIONS link from "Share" popup.

Then uncheck "Send an email notification" option and click "Share" button. This will not send any email notification to users. 

ganeshsanap_0-1660036526010.png

For more information, follow the documentation: SharePoint site permissions 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post