Board View Missing for "My Tasks"

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

We have adopted Microsoft Teams & Planner over the last two years for project management of high volume residential construction projects.

We have become very reliant on the "Board View" within Planner.  Each user has historically been able within Teams to view all tasks assigned to them across all Teams in the My Tasks tab of the Planner app, and the tasks show up as "tiles".  We have become heavy users of the "show on card" functionality to ensure that multiple assignees can keep track of tasks concurrently.

We are concerned as several of our users appear to have had changes to their desktop apps in the last two days which has added the new "list" view associated with the amalgamation of To Do and Planner (ie. the new "Tasks" app).  What is most concerning is that the Board view appears to be restricted to each individual Team now, and we cannot see how to replicate the former combined Board view (for all Teams together) that we have become so reliant on.

We would appreciate prompt attention to this item - at this point if we cannot get this resolved, we may be forced to look into alternate task management platforms that provide more fluid access to tasks across multiple Teams concurrently.

I have attached a photo of the "old view" which is preferred (Board view showing My Tasks across ALL teams concurrently) VS.  the "new list view" which for us is problemmatic.

Thanks,

Lesley Hutton

Preferred "Old View" (Board):

Teams - Planner Old View (Preferred).PNG

New "List" View:

Teams - Planner New List View (Problemmatic).jpg

34 Replies

@ahewes Thank you, this is a workaround but I live in Teams and would still like Microsoft to fix this.  :)

I thank i have found it @lhutton28 

You need to add to do/tasks app to a team and select it in the upper menuScreenshot 2022-02-02 at 09.27.21.png 

Is there any possibility we can have the board view back for personal tasks, i know it's in the shared plans, but I need it or i have to move back to Trello or something else...
Please

Hey @NoelErvine 

Workaround could be to make a Team of just yourself.
Then '+' to add a Tab "Tasks by planner and to do"
You should then get the board view

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 10.31.38.png

It still doesn't link to lists though.
Awkward.

Just adding my name to the list of people who would really love to have Boards view in My Tasks. Incredibly stupid that I have to create a new "Team" of one just to be able to use the board view, especially since some corporate IT groups require Teams to have more than one owner. 

People need to realize that everyone has a different workflow. Just because Microsoft's internal discussions might not recognize uses of the board view for personal organization doesn't mean other people haven't found very effective ways of using it for this. 

@Josh740 AGREED....posting again.... @microsoft please fix this. 

@bmaes  Has this still not been fixed. I'm also just posting here to have this reinstated to Teams. 

This is a big issue for me, I really need to see the buckets on my tasks assigned to me as they're my way of sorting tasks. We can't use these on the team task list as we all have different ways of working and a list of day doesn't help me sort and plan my day

@Hellypopp Have you got Planner?

'To Do' was the simple version, but if you have access to 'Planner', you get the full bucket and board view

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 08.04.59.png

see my reply to Hellypopp about "Planner"
Thanks for your suggestions julz_ysf. The request was in relation to seeing a board view similar to the "My tasks" view in Planner web, and not seeing the whole plan. Ideally across ToDo and Planner tasks that are seen in the Teams app.
Yes, it still seems to be two separate apps bundled together under 'tasks' that don't talk to each other.

I found an easy workaround.

Go to https://tasks.office.com, sign in with your corporate account, then create a new (simple) plan in the planner website. Bingo... you have your private planner.

Next, pin the tab in the browser (Chrome/Edge/Firefox) or install this website as an app in Windows.

Another advantage of the board view is the display of checklists in tasks. Seeing these "sub-tasks" for all plans gives one a better idea of the whole workload picture, rather than just a single list entry for each main task.