Outlook for Android Login Error

Bronze Contributor

I have a user with an Android device trying to get Outlook for Android to work.

She has the latest version, we've uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled, cleared all devices from her mailbox in O365, cleared cache, tried cell connection/Wifi, and we don't have any restrictive MDM or MAM rules.

When she tries to login it says "Login Error, The connection to your mail server timed out. Please check your mail settings." Unfortunately with the app you can't check the settings to verify and when she tries the Support Link it just spins and she can't get assistance.

Ideas?

45 Replies

I am having the same error since last week. Tried everything from clearing cache to re-installing outlook again. But no luck..

And then, I resolved this issue just by uninstalling Microsoft authenticator from my device...The issue got fixed

I resolved this issue just by uninstalling Microsoft authenticator from my device...The issue got fixed
I too have had this issue with a user. It was a couple of attributes on their mailbox.
Open powershell and connect to Exchange Online.
Run the following commands:
First check if either or both 'OutlookMobileEnabled' or 'MacOutlookEnabled' attributes are set to false:
Get-CASMailbox <UserPrincipalName> | fl *outlook*Enabled*

If either or both are run the following commands:
set-CASMailbox <UserPrincipalName> -OutlookMobileEnabled $true
set-CASMailbox <UserPrincipalName> -MacOutlookEnabled $true

Be aware it does take some time to apply. I ran it late in the day and confirmed it worked the following morning.

Instructions how to connect to Exchange online below:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/connect-to-exchange-online-powershell?view=exch...

Did you find a solution? Having the same problem here ...

Thanks

I came accros this discussion page while trying to fix the "Login Error, The connection to your mail server timed out. Please check your mail settings."
I did not find the solution for my problem, but I thought I share how I fixed it.
I was trying to set up Outlook using a IMAP account, which is been hosted by Melbourne IT, but after a couple of days of no success, I was decided to set up a POP3 account. Once I had that done, I tried setting up the IMAP account again, and it worked. I then deleted the POP3 account.

Hope this helps someone else.

Anyone still looking for a resolution for this. I have just encounted the same problem.

I have resolved by going to settings > apps > outlook > storage > clear cache