Outlook 365. Search By Date Range Missing.

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone!

In earlier builds Outlook had an option to search by specific date range. Now you can only choose "Today", "Yesterday", "This Week", etc. Now you can search by specific date range in outlook web or manually specify recieved:date..date. Is it possible to bring back search by specific date in Outlook 365?

My Outlook version 2102(Build 13801.21004 Click-to-Run), Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel.

1 Reply
2 1/2 years on and no response to this question.

Here I am in April 2024, using Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2403 Build 16.0.17425.20124) 64-bit and now using intrinsically broken Custom Search Folders to view all emails sent and received since the first of January this year ("received:this year") or received last year.

Just as each new version or update to Windows makes me ever more likely to drop Win OS for Linux, every new version of each Office product makes the decision to drop Office and switch to Open Office that much easier.

- ever more wasted screen space in inbox view
- less emails showed in Inbox view
- Same old broken and buggy features still broken and buggy whilst popular commands and controls get completely removed or become impossible to find.
- Add OneDrive and its sync nonsense
- Ever more software bloat and system resources wasted
- More and more interruption to work flow having to Google (not Bing) search to find out how to use Word or Outlook to do the same task that used to be simple and straightforward.

Good one Microsoft!
-