How do I copy all sent emails to inbox, as I send them?

Copper Contributor

I would like to copy my sent emails into my inbox. I know how to do this manually (and slowly); how do I ensure this happens automatically every time I send an email?

I don't want them to simply move into my inbox instead of my sent folder; I want to save a COPY of the email into the inbox, while still having them accessible from the sent items folder. 

Please assist! I have tried a couple different things, but I cannot get the "rules" function in outlook to do this correctly. When I try  to make a rule for this, I can only get the sent item to move out of the sent folder into another. I have had no luck getting a COPY to save somewhere else. 

57 Replies

@angelamicrosoft 

To send a COPY of a sent email when you create a new message or respond to one, you can include yourself in the CC or BCC lines.

CC = carbon copy shows your name or email address

BCC = blind carbon copy does not include your name or email address

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1658879579366.png

if you find this information helpful, please mark it as best answer or like it which will assist others with the same question.

Have a good day.

/Teresa

Create a Power Automate flow to do that.

@Victor Ivanidze 

How would I do that, specifically for this situation? 

Hi @angelamicrosoft,

use this as a base and modify it.

@angelamicrosoft 

You could use rules.  I used with (Specific words)"your email address" in the sender's address and move a copy to the (specified) Inbox folder

Hi @gita_mooney,

what happened if you send as alias (your non-default address) or as a shared mailbox or as a group?

@Victor Ivanidze You can use the non default alias or your mailbox when you use the rules for "with (Specific words)"your email address" in the sender's address".  When you select this rule, a clickable link appears the box below the rules.  Clicking on the link allows you to enter any email address.  Hope that helps

Thanks. Am I right assuming your suggestion means that I have to create as many rules as many aliases I have?
Actually if you use the rule "Apply this rule after I send this message" and "Through the specific account", then you can choose your mailbox or the shared mailbox.
You can also create as many rules as you want.

@gita_mooney Will this work in the web version of Outlook too ? (It looks like it is possible to define rules for incoming messages only, not those I send...)

@Sjur_Bjerke 

I think so.  There are 3 dots at the end of the top menu and Rules is there.

Let me know if you run into issues and I can try it out.

Cheers

Happy Holidays

@gita_mooney Please try out ! :smile:
The explanatory text for Rules (on the web version) only talks about incoming messages, nothing about outgoing.

By the way, are you sure you are on the web version ? I cannot see "..." on the Rules page. Could you perhaps send me a screenshot ?

Hi @gita_mooney,
could you please show me how to create a simple rule that handle the sent messages?
It looks like the screenshots assume you are able to handle only ingoing emails, don't you think so?

@Victor Ivanidze

Not sure i understand but here is a sample of a rule that copies all message I send to my Inbox

gita_mooney_0-1671027552913.png

Hi @Sjur_Bjerke,
it seems creation a Power Automate flow is the simplest way to do what you want.
More complex approach is to create an Outlook add-in.
@gita_mooney,
thanks, but it just doesn't work for me. Are you sure that with this rule a mail you're sending to me (or somebody) will be copied to your Inbox?
Yes. I send an email to you, a copy will go to MY inbox as well.