DOD Digital Signature and Encryption Certificate update issues

Copper Contributor

Currently we are using Office 2016 and our main customer base is DOD-Navy.  Ever since Office 2007 went away, update a contacts digital certificate is a very very labor intense process.  In addition, the Navy has gone from the @navy.mil to @us.navy.mil.  The digital signature certificate that the government is issuing show is still @navy.mil.   Outlook will not allow you to import or update the senders certificated due to the miss match between the email address and the email listed in the cert.  How do I resolve this issue?

2 Replies

@wawhite56 I am having this issue as well.  I found this and am going to be working with our IT soon to see if this is a functional workaround.  I'm sorry no one has responded to your request for help.  This is causing issues for a lot of people, and no one is very helpful in figuring it out.  If this workaround works for me I will post an update :)  Good luck and I hope you get up and running soon!

Can't send S/MIME encrypted mails from Outlook Web App - Exchange | Microsoft Learn

Same thing happened to us I would love a solution. Please HELP!