SOLVED

Change date format in Outlook

Brass Contributor

Hi 

Anyone know how to change the date format shown in Outlook?  

Currently displayed as Fri 10/29/2021 9:40 AM

I'd like to change it but I can't find this available.  Thanking you in advance.

Cris

8 Replies
best response confirmed by cris_no_h (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @cris_no_h,

Please follow the steps below:

• Open the Run by pressing Win + R, and type the below command to launch the configuration:

ms-settings:regionformatting​

Select your preferred English from the Regional format, e.g. "English (United Kingdom)".

• Close and reopen Outlook.

@SalmanAhmed 

Thank you.

Simple, elegant and quick!  Couldn't ask for anything better.  Looks beautiful now AND correct.  All dates should be dd-mm-yy.  I think it's an international standard so for now at I am following as I should and won't get confused.  

Also, love the little tip of Win + R.  I'll be taking that with me and using it always now :)

thank you again

Cris

You're more than welcome @cris_no_h!
I'm so glad that the above information was useful for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance, I will welcome all the questions you may have.
Regards,
-Salman

@SalmanAhmed looks like this command does not work in Windows 11.

Hi @Soulreaper1 

For Windows 11, please follow the steps below:

Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R, and type the below command to launch the configuration:

ms-settings:regionlanguage

Select your preferred English from the Regional format, e.g. "English (United Kingdom)".

I had to revert as this changed setting globally. It affected the $ format in excel to £. I loved the 24-hour clock. Eventually, I right-clicked on clock/date bottom right and used Adjust date/time.
I really like the improvements in Office 365 and the options it gives the users.

Hi @cris_no_h

Thanks for the feedback, the below article has been written to address a similar issue, which could be helpful for future reference as well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-regional-format-settings-in-excel-for-the-web-c206...

@cris_no_h 

In Outlook, go to View->Current View->View Settings. 

In the Advanced View Settings window chose Format Columns. 

Chose Received column and in the pull-down menu chose the date format , that suits you....

Best wishes,

David.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cris_no_h (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @cris_no_h,

Please follow the steps below:

• Open the Run by pressing Win + R, and type the below command to launch the configuration:

ms-settings:regionformatting​

Select your preferred English from the Regional format, e.g. "English (United Kingdom)".

• Close and reopen Outlook.

View solution in original post