SOLVED

Backup a shared mailbox

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I need to find a way to backup an Office 365 shared mailbox (standard, no license) to Onedrive (with license). I use Outlook on the web.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Tomaso

3 Replies
best response confirmed by tomasogreco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tomasogreco 

There are a few ways to backup an Office 365 shared mailbox:

1. Use the Office 365 eDiscovery tool: The eDiscovery tool can be used to create a search and export the contents of the shared mailbox to a PST file. This method requires appropriate permissions and administrative access.

2. Use a third-party backup tool: There are many third-party backup tools available that can backup Office 365 mailboxes, including shared mailboxes. Some popular options include Backupify, Veeam Backup for Office 365, and AvePoint Cloud Backup.

3. Use Microsoft's built-in backup solution: Microsoft has a built-in backup solution called Azure Backup that can backup Office 365 mailboxes. This method requires a subscription to Azure Backup and appropriate permissions to configure and manage backups.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

Thank you!

If you need to backup your shared mailbox in Office 365 then you can consider two most common ways to do this; a manual methods involving eDiscovery content search and export and another one is automate third-party Shoviv office 365 backup and restore tool.

helpful resource:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tomasogreco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tomasogreco 

There are a few ways to backup an Office 365 shared mailbox:

1. Use the Office 365 eDiscovery tool: The eDiscovery tool can be used to create a search and export the contents of the shared mailbox to a PST file. This method requires appropriate permissions and administrative access.

2. Use a third-party backup tool: There are many third-party backup tools available that can backup Office 365 mailboxes, including shared mailboxes. Some popular options include Backupify, Veeam Backup for Office 365, and AvePoint Cloud Backup.

3. Use Microsoft's built-in backup solution: Microsoft has a built-in backup solution called Azure Backup that can backup Office 365 mailboxes. This method requires a subscription to Azure Backup and appropriate permissions to configure and manage backups.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

View solution in original post