Attach a Group File from Multiple Document Libraries

Iron Contributor

I am trying to attach a Group file to my Outlook email. However, I am unable to access the Group's Document library that contains the file I want. As shown in the image below, we save our Group's files in the "Documents" document library instead of the "Microsoft Teams Files" document library. However, when I access the Group files within outlook, it only is displaying the files/folders within the "Microsoft Teams Files" document library. This prevents me from accessing the files that I need and makes this attachment feature unusable.

I know there are workarounds, like grabbing the URL and pasting it in the email, but I'm wondering if there are any ideas on how to make this work.

clipboard_image_0.png

3 Replies

I'm not able to repro, which version/build of Outlook is this?

@Vasil Michev,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently doing it on Outlook on the web. I have a Mac, and this newer attach experience has not made it to the Outlook for Mac. In short, if you create an email, click Attach, Browse cloud locations, select Groups on the left, then find a Group. You will notice that it is only displaying files within the "Microsoft Teams Files" document library.

When we created this group about 2 years ago, we didn't want our files to be under the "channel" folder construct. So, we created another document library within the groups SharePoint to store all our documents (shown in previous screenshot). Maybe Microsoft has changed how the SharePoint document library is configured since.

Right, I can see the same behavior in OWA. I believe this is by default, in general when working with Groups/Teams you're supposed to be working with the initially created library. While multiple libs are certainly supported, not all "endpoints" will be able to work with them. For the record, Outlook on Windows allows me to select any other library for the Group/Team.