Very slow upload speed using OneDrive app on macOS Ventura

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using OneDrive app from AppStore in macOS Ventura. While downloads are fast as expected uploads are awfully slow. I checked the app's preferences for any upload bandwidth limit and nothing is configured. But upload is around 10KB/s only.

However, when using the browser to access my OneDrive or a SharePoint document library and doing an upload there, uploads are fast. The browser upload easily goes up to 2-4MB/s. So nearly 1000 times faster than uploads using the OneDrive app.

So it's neither my network connection nor my system itself. Only the OneDrive app transfers very slow. CPU load is very low during upload and no virus scanner is active.

Any ideas why the OneDrive app is so slow?

Thanks

2 Replies

Same here. I need to sync ca 100 GB of data. I have a 25 mbps upload but OD is mostly idling.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 11.30.23.png

@Stefan72 I had this issue. I tried to troubleshoot for months. I figured out it was my home network connection. They sent me this: https://www.dwthacker.com/finding-and-setting-mtu-on-mac. You can either adjust the MTU on the Mac or in the router settings (if your router has a setting for MTU). Once I changed my MTU down from 5000 OneDrive resumed uploading as normal.