SOLVED

why i can not add a mail-enabled security group as member inside Office 365 group

Steel Contributor

I have created a mail-enabled security group inside our Office 365 tenant. and i created an Office 365 group >> but i am unable to add the mail-enabled security group inside the Office 365 group as member or as owner.. any advice? Thanks

2 Replies
That's currently not a supported scenario. There is some work being done to enable it.
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@john john M365 Groups do not support nesting of any other group. However, there is a newer preview feature which lets you do this:

Create "nested" groups with Azure AD Dynamic Groups

Similar thread: Why can't I add a mail-enabled security group as member inside Office 365 group 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@john john M365 Groups do not support nesting of any other group. However, there is a newer preview feature which lets you do this:

Create "nested" groups with Azure AD Dynamic Groups

Similar thread: Why can't I add a mail-enabled security group as member inside Office 365 group 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post