SOLVED

schedule recurring Out of Office

Brass Contributor

Hi All
I want to schedule recurring out of office every day. i have shared mailbox and i want to set out of office for shared mailbox for every email which is received from 9PM to 6AM as the users who have access to this shard mailbox works from 6AM to 9PM.
Is this possible to set on exchange as OWA is disabled in my environment. Please guide me on this

2 Replies

Hey @maxwell2k19 

You can set this up with Powershell. Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration can set up auto reply for the shared mailbox

Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration -Identity "Shared Mailed box" -AutoReplyState Scheduled -StartTime “09/08/2019 18:00:01” -EndTime “10/08/2019 09:00:00” -InternalMessage “We're not around!” -ExternalMessage “Dear customer, we're not around, we'll answer your query 9am tomorrow”

You can set this to run as a scheduled task every day to save you having to remember to set it. 

Quick note on putting multiple lines in your auto reply; I've found that the one-liner isn't great for one liners, so to get around this we put the the reply as HTML which is then passed to a variable. So for example

$reply = "<html><head></head><body><p>Line 1<P>Line2<P>Line 3<P>Line 4<P>Line 5 </body></html>"

Simply call the $reply for the -InternalMessage and -ExternalMessage portion.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark

best response confirmed by maxwell2k19 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Alternatively you can use ScheduledOOF flow for Office 365 tool.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by maxwell2k19 (Brass Contributor)