SOLVED

Question about arrows with conversation mode in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hello

Recently a strange thing has started happening in Outlook 2016 (Office 365 Business Premium). I'm not sure if this is the expected behavior or it's just something that wasn't noticed until now. 

My issue is the arrow doesn't 100% of the time show up, only when I click on the message that's a part of the conversation will the arrow show to tell me expansion is possible. 

However, this doesn't apply if there is a second message in the same folder inside the conversation. For example, if I have a conversation with two emails in Inbox and two emails in sent, the arrow will always show. If I delete an email from Inbox (so now the conversation consists of one Inbox and two Sent), the conversation arrow disappears unless I actually select the remaining email in Inbox - at which point the arrow appears. 

I have attached a picture to this to attempt to explain it better. I personally don't use conversation mode so I don't know if this is how it's always been, or if an update broke it. What's also really strange is that it functions as expected in OWA.

Google has lead me nowhere, just any endless loop of settings but nothing talking about enabling conversation mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by dlinds (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I don't think it's changed other than now if you click a e-mail that does have replies etc. tied to it, an arrow shows up so you can quickly drop down all connected messages. I think that part is new, but the e-mail being in the same folder displaying the group conversation still works the same.

AH ok, so it seems like we might just be noticing it now because they've added in Sent and other folders or whatever.

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dlinds (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I don't think it's changed other than now if you click a e-mail that does have replies etc. tied to it, an arrow shows up so you can quickly drop down all connected messages. I think that part is new, but the e-mail being in the same folder displaying the group conversation still works the same.

View solution in original post