SOLVED

Desktop App for Planner?

Occasional Contributor

There only appears to be a web version?  Is there an app for a desktop on PC and/or Mac?

11 Replies
best response confirmed by ColinFBMH (Occasional Contributor)
Solution
Not currently,

There is a uservoice for it here

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/34471954-de...

Would recommend you vote on it to push it up the agenda. Voting for the uservoice will also notify you if it has been picked up by Microsoft. I would also keep an eye out on this tech community for Planner AMA's where you can also raise this with the product team. There is a big appretite to push Planner forward so hopefully, we'll see something in the future

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
Thanks Chris.

@Christopher Hoard  from me a THANKS too. Already voted now.

@Christopher Hoard: I don't think uservoice is useful. Some necessary features requested from users are still not be implemented 4 years later. This application is far below from competitor like Trello.

i want to @ColinFBMH 

@Christopher Hoard 

Like many others, I am far more interested in support for cross-project filtering by "assigned" that would allow managers to view all tasks assigned to a team member. That's critical functionality - I don't mind using web apps.

@ColinFBMH Use Fluid.app and add it to your apps folder

@ColinFBMH If you open the webapp in Edge (or Chrome) and create an app of the website (in Chrome also choose open in Window), it looks like a desktop application (but in fact still is a webapp). for more info: Creating Web Apps in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Community

Great tip. Thank you!!

@ColinFBMH you should try this help before Microsoft has an official app: 

Microsoft Planner as a Windows 10 App - It's kind of a thing - Brainlitter (regroove.ca)

Best,

@ColinFBMH you can import your planner tasks into Teams (Team > + > Add Planner Tasks), and use it from it's desktop app.

Take care

Giovanni