SOLVED

ATP dynamic delivery and 3rd party products

Copper Contributor

Our organization has enabled ATP, for the past 2 months users have been noticing that attachments in our document management system are missing, or rather the attachment is the scan message.eml created as the "stub" for the real attachment, that said, the 3rd party product that we use for our document management system has what they call "email receivers" and all these do is use secure pop3 to connect up to an email account, pull down the email, then file it into the document management system.  Now, since ATP has been enabled, not all documents are going in as designed but instead the message.eml is attached and the attachment is never filed.  

Is there a way to make the ATP scan any emails as they arrive within the email box itself and block the download of the email until the scan is complete, basically hiding it from being seen as a message to receive?  The third party has already told me that they will not be coding around the issue with the ATP at this time since almost none of their customers use the ATP feature.  In essance, we need to literally have ATP take over on the email box to scan before it releases the emails to be downloaded.  Is this possible?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I think you shoudl be able to turn of Dynamic Delivery in your Safe Attachments settings in ATP.  Instead of Dynamic Delivery, set it to Block or Replace.  With either of those two settings, based on my understnading, it should "hold" the mail while it does the scan on the attachment and then only deliver the message once it's been deemed malware free.   Someone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

2017-09-15_16-18-59.png

We gave this a try, it didn't seem to resolve this issue, even though I am no longer seeing the ATP scan attachment, we still have the issue of the scan temp document being what it saved vs the real attachment. We set the setting to "block", currently still testing, but so far, doesn't seem to have affected what we get in return from the Microsoft side of this ATP feature.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I think you shoudl be able to turn of Dynamic Delivery in your Safe Attachments settings in ATP.  Instead of Dynamic Delivery, set it to Block or Replace.  With either of those two settings, based on my understnading, it should "hold" the mail while it does the scan on the attachment and then only deliver the message once it's been deemed malware free.   Someone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

2017-09-15_16-18-59.png

View solution in original post