Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps may have moved.

Copper Contributor

We are getting the message - "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps may have moved." for the pinned apps. The apps that were pinned earlier seems to dissapear after some time. We have confirmed that we have allowed user pinning in Teams Apps setup policies.

27 Replies

@Deleted mentioned this below as well....

Finally got an update from the SME's on our ticket, and were basically told, we know.... sorry. Right now a fix is on hold due to increased provisioning due to COVID-19.

"We have identified that this is a known issue on EDU tenants and a fix is already in development but due to the current provisioning concerns and issues that was detected with the sudden growth of Teams due to the COVID-19 incident the deployment has been halted."

I have asked our case to be added to the internal documentation so that we are informed when an update roles out, but for now looks like we are all in limbo.

FYI:

We have the same issue. Educational licenses, and cannot pin apps. Getting the same error message, the pinned apps disappear after 15 min or so.

@Prabinesh 

Talked to our MS Rep last week and the recommendation is that institutions need to submit ticket to Microsoft regarding the issue.  MS is aware but need traction to make it a priority.  Currently as already mentioned the priority is on stability and more features.

@GoBigBlueCats

This was the response I received back in February from M/Soft which indicated that they did not see this as a bug but instead by design (yeah...). This looks to have potentially changed, though clearly still an issue affecting a large volume of tenancies.

Has anyone submitted a Design Change Request? If so do you have a reference that we can link to?

"Following on from the information passed on by [snip], I can confirm that the issues you are seeing are by design. The Product Group that are the owners of the service and will only act depending on the votes via UserVoice already highlighted. The only other option we have is for you to raise a Design Change Request via the support team. This will need you to complete with [snip] a business impact statement and case for the change to take place. Although this is not ideal it is the only routes that we have for now. "

@Mark McCoy 

We are an educational institution as well and don't use Assignments. I was able to hide it by blocking the Assignments app but allowing all others via the Teams Admin site.

Apps still unpin though, so it doesn't fix that.

@Prabinesh Microsoft notified us this should be resolved for education, I have added app to side bar and so far not removed.

This is the information that I got in our support ticket:

This is just to provide you with an update on the Pinned Apps removed . I have nothing new to report and there has not been any activity towards implementing it. I feel that more traction on this will come later this month.​​​​​

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support and I wish you a good day.