Wish To Remove guest account from MS teams desktop App

Copper Contributor

How i can remove guest account from MS teams desktop App

Caspture.PNG

36 Replies
If you want to remove the guest from the team, you do as any other member by go to manage team - members - click the X on the right side of the user!

If the guest should be removed totally from your directory ( not visible to add to other teams or anything) you need to go into Azure Active Directory and remove the guest account there!

Adam

If what you mean is you want to remove access for *your own* account as Guest in another tenant, as in remove it from the list shown on the screenshot, follow the steps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/leave-the-organization

@Vasil Michev  i am client based employee, i was tried to add my native organisation account into it as a guest.

but now want to remove that as it is not working in same app. If i click on leave organisation then does it will affect my native organisational other logins.

Please suggest

It will affect that account and remove that user as a guest in that organisation

@Amardeep1001 I'm in consulting.  It seems if the customer removes you from their Teams/AAD before you leave the Team in the desktop app, you cannot remove the Tenant from your Tenant list in the app.  Bug or feature? :lol:

@Lou Mickley I have the same problem

I have followed the steps indicated by @Vasil Michev and I can no longer sign in to the guest tenants in my Teams app, but they still show. I want to remove them.

@Amardeep1001  

1. Go to https://myapps.microsoft.com
  2. Click on the Name icon on Top-right, then click on the 3 dots and click on Leave new experience.
  3. On the reloaded to page, click on the Picture or icon and then click the Cog.
  4. Click on Leave Organization next to the one that's listed as Guest in Teams.

@myspacebarisbroken 
In order to do so, you have to be able to sign in at the tenant you joined as a guest.
If the tenant admin removes you as a guest before you thought about leaving the tenant, you no longer can click the "Leave Organization" option. 

Any other option?

As noted above, one cannot 'leave' an organization that has already removed one's Guest Access as Microsoft require a sign-in to effect the 'leave'. This is a failure of development, so the external organisations continue to show at present. I will open a case for this to see if they can remove it from the backend, but  this is a clear deficiency. 

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 08.15.11.png

to - @matthew_linx
I have seen the difference when following the steps I had mentioned above earlier and the one I am mentioning below:
1. Go to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations
2. Sign in with your account that have Guest account added (If not already signed in)
3. You should see the option to Leave Organization instead of Sign in to leave organization.

Try this and let me know if this helps.

@myspacebarisbroken 

That didn't help. It's not clear. I only log into Microsoft with 1 account, and that account is signed in through SSO. The organisations to which I had guest membership added me with that same account. 

Your directions: 

1. Go to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations -> Defaults to my 1 account username
2. Sign in with your account that have Guest account added (If not already signed in) -> brings me to my SSO sign in and my own tenant. 
3. You should see the option to Leave Organization instead of Sign in to leave organization. -> Nope. 

I was able to find the area you mentioned through Teams. Clicking on Organisations, showed Organisations you belong to (poor grammar by the DEV). The option 'Leave Organisation' is available and leaves you with the. following error, which does NOT remove you from the org or stop showing the guest tenants in Teams.
You don't have access to this
Your sign-in was successful, but you don't have permission to access this resource.
Sign out and sign in with a different account
More details
Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Request Id: 28ba2ddf-67ee-43d0-9150-8477bd863100
Correlation Id: 3c872f4e-7a51-464c-b9b4-f32487b2b46b
Timestamp: 2021-06-14T12:06:54.448Z
App name: My Profile
App ID: 8c59ead7-d703-4a27-9e55-c96a0054c8d2
IP address: 195.66.248.3
Device identifier: Not available
Device platform: macOS
Device state: Unregistered
Flag sign-in errors for review: Enable flagging
If you plan on getting help for this problem, enable flagging and try to reproduce the error within 20 minutes. Flagged events make diagnostics available and are raised to admin attention.

This seems like bad design for sure, why not let me go to my Manage Account IN TEAMS and remove the account, just like I add one. Recently my guest account has been inhibiting other services, such as the integration with Outlook. No easy way to remove a second account from the Client...

@Vasil Michev this was very helpful, thanks, I just remove myself (Çguest) from an external organization, in the Web App is all good, however, in the mobile app, I still see the guest account, how to remove it there? First I thought it was going to be a matter of minutes, hours, or days perhaps, but a week, it is definitely sticking in the mobile app. Any ideas?

I got the same experience. Left the organisation on the web site, but Teams is still showing it. Frustrating.

same experience for me. Left the organization through "my account - organizations" and it still appears in Teams with no way to get rid of it.

@MJHDiepman and @Martin Meraner

I have experienced this too, but my Teams notification went away in a couple of weeks or may be less than that.