SOLVED

why is there a "P" next to the teams profile image?

Copper Contributor

I have a user who is asking why his image has a "P" in the corner of the image.  It seems to only show on his machine as I do not see it when looking at his profile.

toddyfunk_0-1631112110946.png

8 Replies
We just saw someone with this too, following to see what it is.
I noticed the same thing today. My first guess is that it's indicating that I've enabled the preview features.
where do you find the "Preview features"? Sounds like it might be a quick easy test to try
best response confirmed by toddyfunk (Copper Contributor)
Solution

it's related to having "Public Preview" features enabled @toddyfunk 

noticed it on my profile this morning and poked around a bit. I turned it off and Teams restarted and the "p" went away...but now I can't turn it back on. Hope it wasn't important.

Interesting.  we have not enabled the public preview in our environment.  but the user did just restart, and it has disappeared.  No longer an issue for me but good info to have in my back pocket. @RABros 

thanks to those that responded...

Not sure if it is a coincident but it happened to me and it coincided with my password expiring in a few days. I reset my password and it went away. I am unsure.

@toddyfunk wrote:
where do you find the "Preview features"? Sounds like it might be a quick easy test to try

The ellipsis (...) next to your name, then 'About'. There is both Public and Developer previews.

MikeCrowley_0-1634396546033.png

That is correct @smooochy - It means the users is in Preview Teams.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by toddyfunk (Copper Contributor)
Solution

it's related to having "Public Preview" features enabled @toddyfunk 

noticed it on my profile this morning and poked around a bit. I turned it off and Teams restarted and the "p" went away...but now I can't turn it back on. Hope it wasn't important.

View solution in original post