SOLVED

Teams wihin a Team (Sub Team)

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to have a Team created as a sub team of another ?  I have seen a discussion post relating to this which was over two years ago.  Have there been any developments to Teams since?  

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @katy909 ,

If I am interpreting you correctly, the development that springs to mind is the concept of Private Channels. So this allows for you to specify a Channel within a Team to be private and control access to that Private Channel independently of the other Channels that all Members of the Team will have access to, unless other channels are Private.

It facilitates this by way of setting up an additional Site Collection behind the scenes and is what allows for the segregation.

I would strongly recommend considering anther Team however if you do need to divide a Team up as it just makes administration that bit more easier.

Thanks

Henry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @katy909 ,

If I am interpreting you correctly, the development that springs to mind is the concept of Private Channels. So this allows for you to specify a Channel within a Team to be private and control access to that Private Channel independently of the other Channels that all Members of the Team will have access to, unless other channels are Private.

It facilitates this by way of setting up an additional Site Collection behind the scenes and is what allows for the segregation.

I would strongly recommend considering anther Team however if you do need to divide a Team up as it just makes administration that bit more easier.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post