Teams unmutes my phone every 10 seconds.

Copper Contributor

I join meetings on my android phone and my computer. (laptop is closed  and docked so my  computer doesn't have great speaks and mic in that position) so I use my phone to hear and talk.. just this morning, I noticed that Teams keeps unmuting me about every 10 seconds. 

My steps to repro: 

1. I join the meeting with my phone.  (calendar, join meeting) 
  2. I then join with my computer and say "add"
    1. At this point I don't see a way to merge (like I can on Zoom) so to others I show up as 2 people.  my computer is muted and stays that way throughout the call which is the desired behavior there. 
  3. NORMALLY on my phone I hit mute and then only unmute when I want to speak (I take notes for  some of these meetings and my keyboard is loud so I prefer to stay muted and only unmute when I speak. 
    1. TODAY that didn't work. Teams kept unmuting my phone after 10 seconds. I would mute, 10 seconds later it was unmuted.. I went through a 1.5 hour meeting pretty much having to stop typing and keep muting my phone. (FRUSTRATING to say the least not just to me but also the people hearing my keyboard while they were trying to carry on a convo. )
  4. I can't find a setting on my phone to seem to fix this.. I am not on a real call so I can't go to phone and mute it...  what other settings do I need to look at to fix this?  
  5. Also on this particular call there were more than 5 people on the call... so not sure the standard "we mute large calls" was even working well. 

Ideas? 

1 Reply

@kelskamp775 

This sounds like it could just be a random glitch on your phone.  Did you try restarting your phone by any chance?  Also, were you using a headset with your phone or the built in mic and speakers?  

If you've not restarted the phone, I would certainly do so, and try it again with and without a headset and see if it works.