Teams meeting: External guest after been removed by Org staff can rejoin bypassing lobby

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am the deployment lead for the hospital TEAMS roll out, so far we have roll out to all 11000 staff all on E5 and F3 licenses. I have fully deployed TEAMS to 80% this week, the medical staff are fast adopting teams and we seek your help.

I was doing some functions testing tonight want to deploy it as virtual rounds, the plan is to set a TEAMS meeting in one (non private) channel for 4 hours, and have multiple residents (all internal to organisation) joining at different time, and invite external guests via their non organisation emails for the patients and their family to join at different time slots. 

The intent is to have the external guests (patients and their families) wait at the lobby until one of the residents admit them to our round's schedule, we will still have doctors with the VOWs (Videoconf on wheels) with them, and after the patient check is completed, will remove this group of external guests and admit the next patient and their families from the lobby.

The settings are set to:
People in my orgainsation can bypass lobby
And only people in my orgainsation can present

When guest is being removed, I found out the guest can click rejoin and bypass lobby to the call.

This also happens when I hang up the call, and guest was still in the teams meeting, then when I rejoin, the guest is already in the meeting.

Also happens in when I did not remove the guest before I hang up the call and then I rejoin the call, the guest can also go back to the same link and admit immediately in.

The only exception is when I remove the guest first, then hang up the call, then I rejoin the meeting, then the guest who has been removed will have to wait at the lobby. I have yet to test what happens to all the other guest who has been waiting in the lobby.

Is this a bug? If I REMOVE a guest, why can the guest rejoin immediately? Isn't that defeat the purpose of me REMOVING the guest?

Appreciate if the committee could help. We have over 6000 front line medical staff, and this would significantly help our front line doctors and nurses keep the distance, also make the patients feel a lot better not having 6-7 doctors crowding near them. 

It is not practical for us to set 50-60 5 minutes TEAMS meetings for rounds in the morning, also very difficult for the medical team to keep track and also timekeeping when doctors moving from bed to bed. 

Thanks  heaps. 

Pearax_0-1586008316461.png

1 Reply
You can't prevent this. Microsoft has been aware for at least a year; unfortunately, they don't feel the urge to address this nonsense.

See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removed-external-meeting-participant-can-easi...