SOLVED

Teams Error Code - 80080300 on Login

Copper Contributor

Hello,

One of my users has been getting this error code - 80080300 whenever they try to login to Teams with their work email. Tried clearing cache, reinstalling latest version, PC reboot, cleaning registry. Logging into the account through Teams online through Chrome works fine, but the app itself won't launch. Anyone have any issues like this?

Thanks for your assistance.

57 Replies

@Aryan_Raje 

Fixed the issue, big thanks Aryan!

Thank you so much :)
Thank you, this was a godsend!
In my case, the issue appears to be that I was logged into both my work Teams and my personal Teams accounts simultaneously. Once I performed the steps suggested by @Arayn_Raje I was able to log into one or the other, but not both. The Personal Account switcher seems to confirm this as it shows the following:
------------------------------------
Switch to your personal account?
You are already using Teams with a work account. To use Teams with friends and family, you will need to sign out of this account and sign back in with your personal account.
------------------------------------

After my first successful login after following the @Arayn_Raje's suggestion, I tried to switch to my personal account to make sure it was also good; sure enough, Teams fell over again with the same error. So, the way to avoid this after @Arayn_Raje's fix is to stick to the Account and organizations it gives you access to at one time.

@Aryan_Raje This worked and was super helpful to fix an annoying issue that uninstalling / reinstalling didn't fix.  Thanks. 

Setting the compatability mode to windows 8 worked for me too. Think without this Teams doesn't let you login with details (login password) that are different to the machine you are logged in on. Annoying when using a work teams account from a home PC. Logging in to teams and adding a work account gave the error you describe. The work around presents a new login screen allowing you to enter both a different email and password to the machine you are logged into. Hope microsoft rectify this.

Thank you, that solves my problem.

I'm having the same issue, the same error. If I run Teams as admin, it shows me a screen telling that will send me an e-mail to "myuser@mydomain", there is no way to receive this e-mail. I can only use Teams via Web.. also, tried installing the latest version but it doesn't work too.

Edt: Tried the steps that Aryan_Raje told but I get the same screen that I told above, telling that Microsoft wil send me an e-mail..  

I just solved it uninstalling the last two Windows updates.

It worked. Thanks a lot dude!
I am having the exact same issue but when I right click on Microsoft Teams the properties menu does not appear. I have looked around and tried other solutions but nothing works. I am on Windows 11 if that changes anything

Thanks @Aryan_Raje the Windows 8 compatibility worked for me too!

@hobbesboss browse to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams and find Update.exe right click, choose properties > compatibility and choose Windows 8 in the drop down.

Then use the shortcut on your desktop or Teams menu to start Teams

dmccabe_0-1638869837542.png

Sir, I love you ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ The problem that had not been solved for an hour was solved right away thanks to you.
선생님, 감사합니다. 사랑해요 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 덕분에 해결되었습니다!
21h2 update the same issue,Compatibility Mode to 'Windows 8 ' is working thx
Thank you so much! It really worked!

@Aryan_Raje 

Thanks - that compatibility fix worked for me

Thank you Aryan_Raje.
Great, worked for me too :)
Worked for me! Thank you!