Teams chat notifications on both PC speakers and headset

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am using a headset for calls but this headset is not on my head unless I am on a call
I noticed you have added the secondary ringer in the headset settings but I am saddened to see that this setting only applies to calls and not chat notifications.

I work on more than one computer screen and I don't always realize someone is chatting with me until I look at my taskbar and see numbers next to the Teams Icon, would it be at all possible to add the sound notifications on both headset and pc speakers as you did for incoming calls?

Thanks

11 Replies

Hi@Dro77 

You may want to check the uservoice feedback forum to see if others have made this suggestion for the product.  If not, feel free to make one yourself for others to vote on, and you can keep track of the progress.  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Hi all 

it would be helpfull to feedback if possible to get notification sound ind both headset and speaker, due i need same. I use headset when on call, but not use headset when working. Then i miss notification due cant hear in PC Speaker

BR TomJ Denmark

@quigleyth Great Idea and I surely second the addition of the secondary notification for chat. I know many others that will be happy about it as well

Was there a solution to this the forum/chat mentioned no longer exists?

@rob_w285 

no. I never got an answer. 

@quigleyth I never got an update other than the tech support had opened a request but the link to the request seems dead…

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/42187288-secondary-ringer-for-...

@Dro77 Since the links below seemed to be broken, I submitted a new feedback request here: Notifications on Headset and Speakers similar to that used for secondary ringer on phone calls · Com...

Feel free to like and reply on there. I looked but didn't find an existing one, but if someone else finds a duplicate, let me know and I'll tag onto that one instead.

Thanks!

@Dro77 

Go to Settings > Devices

From Here you can set under "Audio Settings" the default audio/speaker device

Then go to section "Secondary Ringer"

From here setup you PC speaker as secondary
Hope it helps 

Bye

Carlo

@carlobima  This only enables the PC to ring for calls. Not posts. And this thread was moved over. To another one. See above.  

@quigleyth 

Hard to believe this hasn't been handled. It irritates everyone I work with. Most of them go into the office and wear a lightweight headset all the time, or none at all. I have an over-the-ear headset, which enables me to hear, but is heavier than those one-ear ones they wear. I take it off a lot as I don't get chat most of the day. At one point I was able to get Windows sounds to work for this, but lately (new computer) that doesn't seem to work.