SOLVED

Teams Add-In missing in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

I can't seem to get the Teams addin to show up in Outlook.

I've tried to uninstall office and teams and reinstall them, but still no Teams Addin in outlook.

I've also went into options then addins but as picture bellow shows no microsoft teams addin.  

intergy_0-1584452741193.png

intergy_1-1584452766383.png

Help please.

-Intergy

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue? I have a few users that are having the same issue. 

We have tried:

-Fresh install of Office and Teams

-Verified that the user is the same in both programs

-Verified that add-in was located at %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin

-Verified that the "Allow the Outlook add-in" is enabled in the Teams Admin page

-Tried adding the add-in via CMD batch file 

Sample of the batch file to register DLLs:

%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe /n /i:user %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.18164.2\x64\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe /n /i:user %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.18164.2\x86\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll

@intergy 

@sbeaver Hello, see if this can assist in any way https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-add-in-for-outlook (troubleshooting part) I've experienced similar issues where the config was perfect but still no add-in. This is what fixed it.

-Restart the Teams desktop client.
-Sign out and then sign back in to the Teams desktop client.
-Restart the Outlook desktop client. (Make sure Outlook isn't running in admin mode.)

@intergy here's the best solution for this issue. tried and tested.

used this registry command to activate teams add-in on the outlook

Step 1. Make a note of this in your notebook.
Step 2. Rename the add-in version from the device you're working on.

Step 3. Run CMD on the administrator and enter the following command.

regsvr32 /n /i:user C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.22026.3\x64\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll

Original source

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=microsoft+teams+add-in+for+outlook&...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue? I have a few users that are having the same issue. 

We have tried:

-Fresh install of Office and Teams

-Verified that the user is the same in both programs

-Verified that add-in was located at %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin

-Verified that the "Allow the Outlook add-in" is enabled in the Teams Admin page

-Tried adding the add-in via CMD batch file 

Sample of the batch file to register DLLs:

%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe /n /i:user %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.18164.2\x64\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe /n /i:user %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.18164.2\x86\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll

@intergy 

View solution in original post