TEAMS 3X3SCREENS - HOW TO MAKE ONE SCREEN LARGER?

Copper Contributor

I am a teacher and loved the updated 3x3 screens version. However, my students can't see or read many things I show them on the screen because it's too small. Is there any way I can enlarge my screen whenever I need to? so that all students can see me in a larger screen? something that I would enable myself since they are too small to be able to do it by themselves. 

Thank you. 

9 Replies

Viewers can pin a video, but all participants have to do that.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35796445-lock-the-video-spotli...

There is also a user request that want a spotlight function, so a presenter can put one video stream in spotlight for all participants.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35796445-lock-the-video-spotli...

@Linus Cansby 

so this spolight function in which a presenter decides when his screen will be larger doesn't exist yet? Thank you. 

@marcelasimao Correct, it doesn't exist yet. But the more votes the uservoice gets the faster it will be developed/rolled out.

@Linus Cansby 

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Can I just ask one more question?

I totally prefer the 3x3 screens version but if the other participants are too young and can't pin the video by themselves, would it be possible for me to alternate to the 2x2 screens version so that they can see my video larger? during a meeting and then go back to 3x3? or before as a default?

Thank you again. 

@marcelasimao Podrías indicarme cual es el enlace de descarga, donde conseguiste esa versión? en enlace que te aparece en el navegador cuando se te esta descargando. 

henrychca_0-1589387313989.png

@henrychca 

I am sorry. I am not sure what enlace de descarga is... the url?

My whole school uses Teams and yesterday the meetings had 3x3 screens...but I don't know how it happened... from what I have read on the posts, they are updating the users little by little..maybe?

@henrychca 

and if it is the URL that you are asking about,  I don't know because I have Teams installed on my computer

@marcelasimao That is correct, updates are rolled out to servers and not to all servers at the same time. So some organisations can see this 3x3 and others not, but it should be rolled out by this week to all organisations.

I don't think there is any way to get 2x2 view.

When someone's sharing a presentation, you can switch between viewing that content and watching the people in the room by simply clicking on the video you're interested in. Try this when there's a presentation taking place in a meeting room and you want to see who's talking and note their body language.

Pin a video

To focus on a particular video, right-click, and select Pin. The video will be pinned to your view regardless of who's talking. You can pin as many videos as will fit on your screen. If you change your mind, right-click again and hit Unpin.

Reframe a video

Teams crops some videos to make them fit your screen better. If you want a different view of a particular video—for example, if someone’s cropped out of the video or it only shows part of their face—right-click and select Fit to frame to see the entire video.

Select Fill frame to see a closer, cropped view.