Send PowerShell commands from a Teams bot to a remote server

Copper Contributor

Hi folks!

I was wondering if it's possible to achieve the goal that the subject of this post describes. To give you a description of the scenario I'm in: 
- there's an AD group in our organization based on which users have or don't have access to an Azure App. 
- there's no specific criteria based on which the membership of the group can be established (e.g.: department, country or anything like it.). Basically any user in the organization could be a potential member of this group.
- since there are no exact conditions that user have to meet to be included in that group, automating this could be a bit overwhelming.
Now, I was thinking to delegate permissions for changing group membership to the team that actually manages that Azure app, however they're quite reluctant on working with ADUC. 
However, those guys are using Teams daily, so I was thinking that maybe I could create a Teams bot with commands that could control the membership of that AD group. 
Is there a way to let's say convert the commands issued to a Teams bot to PowerShell commands? 

The forum didn't reveal similar posts to mine, so if there's something similar that's already been discussed here (or elsewhere) please give me a nudge to point me in that direction. 

Thanks, 

Alex.

0 Replies