Ring (like a phone call) when a meeting starts

Copper Contributor

The default reminder 15mins before a meeting starts is good, but it's really easy to get distracted and miss the start of a meeting (I know I'm not the only one).

When a meeting in my calendar starts, I'd like my Teams app to "ring" in the same way it does when someone is calling me. Then "answering" that call would join me into the meeting. I (and others) would be right on time a lot more often!

4 Replies

Hi,

The closest for this is that when someone starts a meeting you should get a Teams notification that the meeting started. In outlook you can set the settings for the meeting to notify you when the meeting starts instead of 15 minutes ahead of meeting start.

I second Ross's comment, it would be super useful when working from home to have my computer ring like a phone when a meeting is starting. It would improve timeliness, and if I had that option, I would choose it.
yes this is a very useful feature to have, I logged this with Teams, everyone that wants this feature please start voting for it.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/43385988-ring-like-a-phone-whe...