SOLVED

Rich vs. sparse interface when joining Teams meetings from browser

Copper Contributor

For the past 2 months I had to join Teams meetings via browser. The majority of the time, the Teams interface in the meeting was sparse with reduced menu options (like there is no way to emote to chat messages). However, during a very short period of time (one to two days) when I joined from browser, I encountered a rich Teams interface similar to what I had when I authenticated into my work email and joined from the native Teams app on my work laptop. Initially I thought maybe it had to do with the timing of my joining the meetings --- if I joined from the browser after someone else at work had started the meeting I'd get the rich interface -- not sure why that should be the case but that was my hypothesis. That "trick" worked for a couple days then it stopped working, which led me to think maybe my timing of joining the meeting had nothing to do with the richness of the interface I saw at all.

But, clearly, it is possible to get the rich Teams interface from a browser. My question is, does anyone know what determines it? More importantly, is it something that I can control when I join from a browser without authenticating myself via work email?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by SunnyGal (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

Microsoft is in a process of rolling out the Rich Interface for all the users across different tenant. The reason for the change in the interface is as because of the updates the meeting organizer have received. That basically drives what feature and functionality would be available on the attendee interface.

The rich interface is in a roll out phase and shortly towards the end of the Feb the interface should be uniform for all the meeting invites.

With Regards,
Satish U
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SunnyGal (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

Microsoft is in a process of rolling out the Rich Interface for all the users across different tenant. The reason for the change in the interface is as because of the updates the meeting organizer have received. That basically drives what feature and functionality would be available on the attendee interface.

The rich interface is in a roll out phase and shortly towards the end of the Feb the interface should be uniform for all the meeting invites.

With Regards,
Satish U

View solution in original post