"Someone has already set up Teams for your organization"

Copper Contributor

First off, I *tried* to not create a new discussion here, since this topic has been discussed before.  And, in the discussion, it noted to contact online support.

Issue:  I own a personal domain.  I tried to use my personal email address (in that domain) to log into Personal Teams, and I get the above error.  As I own the domain and the email address is mine, I do not wish to just create a new email address somewhere (and manage it) just to use Teams Personal.

Additional information:  I have just recently left a position at a firm that used Teams for Business and I had it installed on this personal machine (and I used it, but I used it under my corporate email address).  It is possible, I suppose, even though I never used my personal email address to log into the Teams for Business system, that the personal account got "connected" somehow to that no longer valid corporate acccount.

In any event, I followed the instructions here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/someone-has-already-set-up-teams-for-your-org...

I was able to chat with a resource on the Teams for Free support system, who then informed me that they thought that my personal account was indeed linked, but they cannot see of fix, so they directed me to the Teams for Business site:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/contact-support-for-business-products?view=o365...

Which I then contacted via phone, since I do not have access to the Teams for Business adminstrative information at my previous firm.  The lady there said she could not help because it was Teams for Free, so she said I had to open a discussion here to get someone in support to help.

I feel like I'm clogging up the discussion unnecessarily, but when I tried to tell the lady on the phone from Teams for Business I saw many discussions on this topic already, she still said I needed to create a new one.

The SR is 1011296944, if that helps.

Jim

1 Reply
And, I have already uninstalled Teams for Business on this system (a few weeks ago), and installed Teams Personal (this morning).